Och-Ziff Capital Management Group LLC (NYSE: OZM) is one of the largest institutional alternative asset managers in the world, with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Beijing, and Shanghai. Oz provides asset management services to investors globally through its multi-strategy funds, dedicated credit funds, including opportunistic credit funds and Institutional Credit Strategies products, real estate funds and other alternative investment vehicles. As of December 1, 2018, Oz had approximately $32.3 billion in assets under management.
On Nov 2nd, 2018, the company announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018 and provided an update on its business. The Company’ performance for the year in credit and real estate has been strong, and its positioning has effectively protected capital in multi-strategy despite recent market turbulence. Oz has the right products and a history of generating returns for its clients and believe that this market correction and accompanying volatility create a variety of compelling investment opportunities going forward.
Third Quarter Highlights:
- Distributable Earnings loss of $5.2 million, or $0.01 per Adjusted Class A Share for the third quarter of 2018, and Distributable Earnings of $47.2 million, or $0.09 per Adjusted Class A Share, for the first nine months of 2018.
- Distributable Earnings excluding a legal provision accrual were $10.9 million, or $0.02 per Adjusted Class A Share, for the third quarter of 2018, and $74.4 million, or $0.14 per Adjusted Class A Share, for the first nine months of 2018.
- A cash dividend of $0.02 per Class A Share was declared for the third quarter of 2018, payable on November 20, 2018, to holders of record on November 13, 2018. • Oz Master Fund, the Company’s largest multi-strategy fund, was -0.2% gross and -0.4% net for the third quarter of 2018, +6.0% gross and +4.0% net for the first nine months of 2018, and +7.3% gross and +4.7% net over the trailing twelve months through September 30, 2018.
- Oz Credit Opportunities Master Fund was +3.3% gross and +2.4% net for the third quarter of 2018, +12.4% gross and +8.8% net for the first nine months of 2018, and +17.6% gross and +11.8% net over the trailing twelve months through September 30, 2018.
- As of November 1, 2018, estimated assets under management were $32.3 billion, with Oz Master Fund generating an estimated -2.8% net return in October 2018
Happy New Year! 2019 is going to be an exciting year to be a part of our trading group. Do not miss out on our next actionable small cap report. Text the word “Traders” to “25827” and be among the first to know when we initiate coverage. Our 2019 member update available here – https://mailchi.mp/tradersnewssource/2019-update-and-direction-for-our-group?e=[UNIQID]
Promising near to medium term Outlook:
As Oz moves into year-end, the company continued to be disciplined and focused on execution. In fact, OZ has seen particularly good performance for the year in credit and real estate and have protected capital in multi-strategy. The company has the right products and a history of generating returns for its clients and the management believe that this market correction and accompanying volatility often creates a variety of compelling investment opportunities.
So far financial performance is concerned, while there were some expense variations quarter-to-quarter, the company reconfirmed its previous guidance for all of its three major expense categories. Oz guidance for the full year 2018 tax receivable agreement and other payables remains unchanged at 10% to15%.
Robust balance sheet and financial flexibility:
Regarding balance sheet and liquidity. Oz continues to have a healthy cash balance, and its outstanding corporate debt was $200 million as of September 30, 2018. As the company begins to get clarity on fourth quarter distributable earnings, its first priority is to continue to strengthen the balance sheet. After that the management is expected to evaluate dividends, share repurchases and investments in the business, based on what it believes is in the best long-term interest of shareholders.
Oz investment Highlights
Analyst ratings and target price:
Per www.marketbeat.com, Their average twelve-month price target is $3.00, suggesting that the stock has a possible upside of 143.90%.
Below are the excerpts of recent analyst rating/Price targets on the company:
About the Company: Oz Management is a diverse and fully integrated alternative asset manager. With experienced teams across North America, Europe, and Asia, Oz has the breadth and depth to source ideas, evaluate opportunities and allocate capital across strategies and geographies.
Other recent announcements:
Strategic plan for equity reallocation: On December 6, 2018, the company announced a comprehensive strategic plan that includes a significant equity reallocation by Chairman Daniel S. Och and former executive managing directors to current executive managing directors, facilitates deleveraging of the Company’s balance sheet, and converts the Company’s tax classification from a partnership to a corporation.
- Daniel Och and Former Executive Managing Directors Agree to Reallocate Significant Equity Creates Long-Term Alignment for Current EMDs with Shareholders and Clients
- Near-Term Debt Paydown and Restructuring to Facilitate Deleveraging
- Elects to Change Tax Classification from Partnership to C-Corporation
- Announces 1-For-10 Reverse Stock Split for Class A Shares
The Company has subsequently determined to change its tax classification from a partnership to a corporation effective April 1, 2019. The Company expects to make a final partnership distribution for the fourth quarter of 2018 on March 29, 2019 to shareholders of record at the close of business on March 22, 2019. Shareholders will receive a final Form K-1 for the period from January 1, 2019, through the date immediately preceding the Corporate Classification Date. There can be no assurance that shareholders will receive sufficient distributions to satisfy payment of tax liabilities in respect of their membership interests in the Company. Distributions received after the Company’s change in tax classification will be treated as dividends and reported on Form 1099-DIV.
Transaction Summary Snapshot:
Robert Shafir, Oz Chief Executive Officer, said, “We believe the suite of strategic actions we are announcing today solidifies Oz’s future, providing long-term stability and setting the firm on a path for continued success. By materially increasing equity ownership by the current partners and taking steps to enhance our capital structure, we expect to be better positioned to serve our clients.”
Revenue and profitability:
- Revenues for the quarter were $89 million, down 29% as compared to the third quarter 2017 and down 15% versus the prior quarter, driven primarily by lower incentive income.
- Management fees were $66 million for the third quarter of 2018, 8% lower than a year ago and 1% higher than the prior quarter. The year-over-year management fee decrease was driven primarily by lower multi-strat assets, partially offset by increased assets in institutional credit strategies. Incentive income was $19 million for the third quarter of 2018, 62% lower than a year ago and 44% lower than the prior quarter.
- The Company reported third quarter 2018 GAAP net loss of $15 million or $0.08 per basic and diluted Class A share.
Key Stock Influences:
- The company’ portfolio and performance are exposed to the risk related to credit risk and reinvestment risk.
- Also, the company’ performance is vulnerable to market risk, i.e. the inherent volatility, cyclicality and unpredictability of the underlying industry/economy.
- . That’s because the risks Oz face are market and business risks, which are volatile and difficult to measure.
- External and macro factors such as regulations, state of the economy, government borrowing programme, capital needs of the corporate sector, and liquidity in the capital and money markets also have a direct bearing on the business potential of Oz.
- On Friday, January 4, 2019, OZM was at $10.73 on volume of 84K shares exchanging hands. Market capitalization is $557.528 million. The current RSI is 48.75
- In the past 52 weeks, shares of OZM have traded as low as $8.60 and as high as $28.90
- At $10.73, shares of OZM are trading below its 50-day moving average (MA) at $11.12 and below its 200-day MA at $17.28
Traders News Source is a wholly owned subsidiary of Traders News Source LLC, herein referred to as TNS LLC.
Traders News Source has not been compensated for this report by anyone and the opinions if any are that of the author Vikas Agrawal, CFA. Author’s Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I, wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in the article.
This web site, published by TNS LLC, and is an investment newsletter that is built on the premise of assisting individual investors in learning about investing. Our goal as publishers of financial information is to provide research and analysis of investments to our subscribers. TNS LLC does not give buy or sell recommendations. We do purchase distribution rights from analyst, financial writers and bloggers for a fee that may be licensed to issue price targets and recommendations. Furthermore, we encourage you to speak to a licensed professional prior to making an investment in any type of publicly traded security.
We do sell advertising to other companies including brokerage firms, web sites, publicly traded issuers, investor relations firms, and investment publications, among others. TNS LLC makes no warranty as to the policies of these organizations, and in no way endorses their offers, services, or the content of their advertisements.
When an advertiser is a publicly traded company or a third party acting on behalf of a public company, we fully disclose all compensation in the email advertisement. Such disclosure is included in a disclosure statement in each of the advertisements sent via email.
Our reports/releases are a commercial advertisement and are for general information purposes ONLY. We are engaged in the business of marketing and advertising companies for monetary compensation. Never invest in any stock featured on our site or emails unless you can afford to lose your entire investment. The disclaimer is to be read and fully understood before using our services, joining our site or our email/blog list as well as any social networking platforms we may use.
PLEASE NOTE WELL: TNS LLC and its employees are not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker Dealer or a member of any association for other research providers in any jurisdiction whatsoever.
Release of Liability: Through use of this website viewing or using you agree to hold TNS LLC, its operator’s owners and employees harmless and to completely release them from any and all liability due to any and all loss (monetary or otherwise), damage (monetary or otherwise), or injury (monetary or otherwise) that you may incur. The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of the available data. TNS LLC encourages readers and investors to supplement the information in these reports with independent research and other professional advice. All information on featured companies is provided by the companies profiled or is available from public sources and TNS LLC makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the disclosure by the profiled companies. None of the materials or advertisements herein constitute offers or solicitations to purchase or sell securities of the companies profiled herein and any decision to invest in any such company or other financial decisions should not be made based upon the information provide herein. Instead TNS LLC strongly urges you conduct a complete and independent investigation of the respective companies and consideration of all pertinent risks. Readers are advised to review SEC periodic reports: Forms 10-Q, 10K, Form 8-K, insider reports, Forms 3, 4, 5 Schedule 13D.
TNS LLC is compliant with the Can Spam Act of 2003. TNS LLC does not offer such advice or analysis, and TNS LLC further urges you to consult your own independent tax, business, financial and investment advisors. Investing in micro-cap and growth securities is highly speculative and carries an extremely high degree of risk. It is possible that an investor’s investment may be lost or impaired due to the speculative nature of the companies profiled.
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides investors a ‘safe harbor’ in regard to forward-looking statements. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact may be “forward looking statements”. Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates, and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements in this action may be identified through use of words such as “projects”, “foresee”, “expects”, “will”, “anticipates”, “estimates”, “believes”, “understands”, or that by statements indicating certain actions & quote; “may”, “could”, or “might” occur.
Understand there is no guarantee past performance will be indicative of future results. In preparing this publication, TNS LLC has relied upon information supplied by its customers, publicly available information and press releases which it believes to be reliable; however, such reliability cannot be guaranteed. Investors should not rely on the information contained in this website. Rather, investors should use the information contained in this website as a starting point for doing additional independent research on the featured companies. The advertisements in this website are believed to be reliable, however, TNS LLC and its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives and agents disclaim any liability as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in any advertisement and for any omissions of materials facts from such advertisement. TNS LLC is not responsible for any claims made by the companies advertised herein, nor is TNS LLC responsible for any other promotional firm, its program or its structure.