Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CATB), is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The company’ SMART (Safely Metabolized and Rationally Targeted) Linker, drug discovery platform, enables it to engineer molecules that simultaneously modulate multiple targets in disease. The company’ lead program in development is edasalonexent for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
The company had an incredibly strong start to 2018, and its Lead molecule (edasalonexent) posted stellar early data results to position it as a highly effective molecule for patients affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy (“DMD”). The market believes that Edasalonexent has an extremely strong likelihood of delivering robust phase 3 clinical results.
Key Investment highlights:
Other recent announcements:
- On June 20th, the company announced the pricing of an underwritten offering of an aggregate of 42,000,000 units. Each unit is comprised of one share of common stock and one common warrant to purchase one share of common stock, at a price of $1.00 per unit. The gross proceeds of the offering are expected to be approximately $42 million, and Catabasis intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for the planned Phase 3 clinical trial of edasalonexent for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy, as well as for working capital and general corporate purposes.
- On May 10th, the company reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2018 and reviewed recent business progress. As of March 31, 2018, Catabasis had cash and cash equivalents of $17.0 million, compared to $16.4 million as of December 31, 2017. Based on the Company’s current operating plan, Catabasis believes that it has sufficient cash to fund operations through December 2018.
- During the quarter, the company reported additional positive clinical data from its MoveDMD trial early in 2018 that continue to demonstrate the potential of edasalonexent as a disease-modifying therapy for all patients affected by Duchenne, regardless of mutation. As evidenced by sustained improvements in all assessments of physical function and in biomarkers of muscle health and inflammation, edasalonexent has slowed the progression of Duchenne in the MoveDMD trial. The company believes that these effects ultimately will translate to boys with Duchenne maintaining functional abilities longer and as per management company resources have been aligned to focus on its lead program edasalonexent for the treatment of DMD. Catabasis is preparing for a global Phase 3 trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of edasalonexent for registration purposes.
Upcoming presentation: The company will present data from the MoveDMD® trial of edasalonexent (CAT-1004) at the New Directions in Biology and Disease of Skeletal Muscle Conference, the 2018 Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD) Annual Connect Conference and the 15thInternational Congress on Neuromuscular Diseases. New Directions in Biology and Disease of Skeletal Muscle Conference to be held between June 25 – June 28, 2018, in New Orleans, LA, at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place.
Key and Unique differentiating factor of Edasalonexent
‣ Disease-modifying non-steroid oral therapy
- Intended for all patients, regardless of mutation type
- Inhibit muscle degeneration, enhance regeneration
- Benefits in skeletal muscle, diaphragm, and heart
‣ Preparing for single Phase 3 trial for registration
- In MoveDMD® trial, edasalonexent preserved muscle function and slowed disease progression
‣ Potential foundational therapy
- Initiate upon diagnosis
- Potential as monotherapy and may enhance the efficacy of dystrophin upregulation approaches
‣ Favorably differentiated tolerability profile from the standard of care
‣ Strong IP position and wholly owned
Q1 Financial position:
- R&D Expenses: Research and development expenses were $5.2 million for the three months ended March 31, 2018, compared to $5.4 million for the three months ended March 31, 2017.
- Net Loss: Net loss was $7.7 million, or $0.29 per share, for the three months ended March 31, 2018, compared to a net loss of $7.9 million, or $0.41 per share, for the three months ended March 31, 2017.
Liquidity and financial flexibility:
- As of March 31, 2018, Catabasis had cash and cash equivalents of $17.0 million, compared to $16.4 million as of December 31, 2017. Based on the Company’s current operating plan, Catabasis believes that it has sufficient cash to fund operations through December 2018.
Key risk factors and potential stock drivers:
- Company business profile is significantly dependent on its lead program edasalonexent for the treatment of DMD. Catabasis is preparing for a global Phase 3 trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of edasalonexent for registration purposes.
- Any adversities related to these upcoming milestones might adversely impact the overall investor sentiments.
- Results of upcoming catalyst would drive the near to medium term performance of the company. Edasalonexent would continue to remain one of the most critical factors for Catabasis business risk profile over the near to medium term.
- The company is still at a pre-commercialization stage and its ability to maintain its liquidity and financial flexibility to fund its incremental capital requirements.
- On Friday, June 22th, 2018, CATB closed at $0.19, on an above average volume of 1.0M shares exchanging hands. Market capitalization is $26.4 million. The current RSI is 18.79.
- In the past 52 weeks, shares of CATB have traded as low as $0.86 and as high as $3.78
- At $0.91, shares of CATB are trading below its 50-day moving average (MA) at $1.55 and below its 200-day moving average (MA) at $1.74
- The present support and resistance levels for the stock are at $0.82 & $0.96 respectively.
Traders News Source is a wholly owned subsidiary of Traders News Source LLC, herein referred to as TNS LLC.
Traders News Source has not been compensated for this report by anyone and the opinions if any are that of the author Vikas Agrawal, CFA. Author’s Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I, wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in the article.
This web site, published by TNS LLC, and is an investment newsletter that is built on the premise of assisting individual investors in learning about investing. Our goal as publishers of financial information is to provide research and analysis of investments to our subscribers. TNS LLC does not give buy or sell recommendations. We do purchase distribution rights from analyst, financial writers and bloggers for a fee that may be licensed to issue price targets and recommendations. Furthermore, we encourage you to speak to a licensed professional prior to making an investment in any type of publicly traded security.
We do sell advertising to other companies including brokerage firms, web sites, publicly traded issuers, investor relations firms, and investment publications, among others. TNS LLC makes no warranty as to the policies of these organizations, and in no way endorses their offers, services, or the content of their advertisements.
When an advertiser is a publicly traded company or a third party acting on behalf of a public company, we fully disclose all compensation in the email advertisement. Such disclosure is included in a disclosure statement in each of the advertisements sent via email.
Our reports/releases are a commercial advertisement and are for general information purposes ONLY. We are engaged in the business of marketing and advertising companies for monetary compensation. Never invest in any stock featured on our site or emails unless you can afford to lose your entire investment. The disclaimer is to be read and fully understood before using our services, joining our site or our email/blog list as well as any social networking platforms we may use.
PLEASE NOTE WELL: TNS LLC and its employees are not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker Dealer or a member of any association for other research providers in any jurisdiction whatsoever.
Release of Liability: Through use of this website viewing or using you agree to hold TNS LLC, its operator’s owners and employees harmless and to completely release them from any and all liability due to any and all loss (monetary or otherwise), damage (monetary or otherwise), or injury (monetary or otherwise) that you may incur. The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of the available data. TNS LLC encourages readers and investors to supplement the information in these reports with independent research and other professional advice. All information on featured companies is provided by the companies profiled or is available from public sources and TNS LLC makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the disclosure by the profiled companies. None of the materials or advertisements herein constitute offers or solicitations to purchase or sell securities of the companies profiled herein and any decision to invest in any such company or other financial decisions should not be made based upon the information provide herein. Instead TNS LLC strongly urges you conduct a complete and independent investigation of the respective companies and consideration of all pertinent risks. Readers are advised to review SEC periodic reports: Forms 10-Q, 10K, Form 8-K, insider reports, Forms 3, 4, 5 Schedule 13D.
TNS LLC is compliant with the Can Spam Act of 2003. TNS LLC does not offer such advice or analysis, and TNS LLC further urges you to consult your own independent tax, business, financial and investment advisors. Investing in micro-cap and growth securities is highly speculative and carries an extremely high degree of risk. It is possible that an investor’s investment may be lost or impaired due to the speculative nature of the companies profiled.
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides investors a ‘safe harbor’ in regard to forward-looking statements. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact may be “forward looking statements”. Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates, and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements in this action may be identified through use of words such as “projects”, “foresee”, “expects”, “will”, “anticipates”, “estimates”, “believes”, “understands”, or that by statements indicating certain actions & quote; “may”, “could”, or “might” occur.
Understand there is no guarantee past performance will be indicative of future results. In preparing this publication, TNS LLC has relied upon information supplied by its customers, publicly available information and press releases which it believes to be reliable; however, such reliability cannot be guaranteed. Investors should not rely on the information contained in this website. Rather, investors should use the information contained in this website as a starting point for doing additional independent research on the featured companies. The advertisements in this website are believed to be reliable, however, TNS LLC and its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives and agents disclaim any liability as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in any advertisement and for any omissions of materials facts from such advertisement. TNS LLC is not responsible for any claims made by the companies advertised herein, nor is TNS LLC responsible for any other promotional firm, its program or its structure.