Traders News Source Mission Statement
We strive to highlight the future potential as well as the inherent risk in each small cap company we cover while remaining neutral as a leading third-party equity research firm.
Interpace Diagnostics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDXG) Interpace Diagnostics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDXG) is a fully integrated commercial company that provides clinically useful molecular diagnostic tests and pathology services. It was incorporated in 1986 and is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey. The Company currently has three commercialized molecular tests: PancraGEN®, ThyGenX®, and ThyraMIR®.
IDXG recently announced financial results and business progress for the quarter and full year ended December 31, 2016.
Revenue for the three- and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2016 was $3.1 million and $13.1 million, respectively, an increase of 22% and 39% over the prior year periods. Net Income for the three- and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2016 was $6.3 million and $(8.3) million, respectively, as against $4.4 million and $(11.4) for the same periods of the prior year.
2016 has proven to be a breakout year for IDXG, including strong revenue growth & significant cost reductions. From a balance sheet perspective, the company raised $14 million in gross equity and restructured over $9.3 million of secured debt, thereby partially improving its liquidity. The company’s liquidity has deteriorated in the past as negative profitability coincided with high payment obligations. However, recent restructuring is expected to lend substantial comfort to IDXG’s overall financial flexibility.
Over the last year, IDXG has transitioned into a fully integrated, commercially based molecular diagnostics entity. The company could have a strong base, as well as momentum into 2017, especially with its recent accomplishments, including New York State and AETNA approvals of ThyraMIR®, its microRNA assay, that is complementary to ThyGenX®.
To share more details on its present pipeline and outlook over the near to medium term, the company will be presenting at this year’s MicroCap Conference on April 4th in New York City. The company’s stock is on a modest growth path after these positive developments over the past few months based on its prospects.
About the Company:
IDXG is a fully integrated commercial company that provides clinically useful molecular diagnostic tests and pathology services for evaluating risk of cancer by leveraging the latest technology in personalized medicine for improved patient diagnosis and management.
Present Pipeline: The Company currently has three commercialized molecular tests:
- PancraGEN®, for the evaluation of pancreatic cysts and assessment of risk of subsequent cancer. PancraGEN is a pancreatic cyst molecular test that, by using a small sample of pancreatic cyst fluid, can aid in pancreatic cancer risk assessment. PancraGEN is 90% accurate, according to clinical studies, enabling effective risk stratification of patients.
- ThyGenX®, for the diagnosis of thyroid cancer from thyroid nodules. ThyGenX utilizes state-of-the-art next-generation sequencing (NGS) to identify more than 100 genetic alterations associated with papillary and follicular thyroid carcinomas, the two most common forms of thyroid cancer.
- ThyraMIR®, for the diagnosis of thyroid cancer from thyroid nodules utilizing a proprietary gene expression assay. Interpace’s mission is to provide personalized medicine through molecular diagnostics and innovation to advance patient care based on rigorous science. ThyraMIR is the first microRNA gene expression classifier. MicroRNAs are small, non-coding RNAs that bind to messenger RNA and regulate expression of genes involved in human cancers, including every subtype of thyroid cancer.
According to the American Thyroid Association, approximately 15% to 30% of the 525,000 thyroid fine needle aspirations (FNAs) performed on an annual basis in the U.S. are indeterminate for malignancy based on standard cytological evaluation, and thus are candidates for ThyGenX and ThyraMIR.
ThyGenX and ThyraMIR reflex testing yields high predictive value in determining the presence and absence of cancer in thyroid nodules. The combination of both tests can improve risk stratification and surgical decision-making when standard cytopathology does not provide a clear diagnosis for the presence of cancer.
Recent announcements and momentum drivers:
- Announced that Aetna, the third largest health plan in the United States, has agreed to cover Interpace’s ThyraMIR test for all of Aetna’s 46 million members nationwide. Interpace’s ThyGenX and ThyraMIR thyroid assays are now covered for approximately 200 million patients nationwide.
- Signed an agreement with America’s Choice Provider Network (ACPN), a national provider network with over 1,700 payers to provide coverage for all Interpace’s molecular tests including PancraGEN® for the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer from cysts and ThyGenX/ThyraMIR
- Announced Novitas approval to cover ThyraMir for microRNA gene expression in indeterminate biopsies for thyroid cancer.
- Signed an agreement with Galaxy Health Network, a national managed care provider with over 3.5 million covered lives, to provide coverage for all Interpace’s molecular pathology tests and services including PancraGEN, ThyraMir and ThyGenX.
- Announced that Geisinger Health Plan, which is part of one of the Nation’s largest and most innovative delivery systems in the US, has added ThyGenX and ThyraMir as covered services under their Medical Policy.
Proposed expansion plans:
- In September 2016, IDXG announced that New York State Department of Health approved ThyGenX, the Company’s Next Generation Sequencing oncogene panel for indeterminate thyroid nodules, allowing Interpace to offer both ThyGenX and ThyraMiR in New York State.
- Entered agreements with Lab Corp, a NYSE listed company, which provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories and specialty testing laboratories, to now co-market ThyraMIR along with ThyGenX.
- Announced the Company’s most recent entry in to expanding its commercial foot print internationally as a result of the adoption of the ThyGenX test by a Canadian key opinion leader in Montreal, Quebec. If successful, plans are already in place to expand in to other Provinces and work with the Canadian Health Ministry to secure coverage of both ThyGenX and ThyraMir.
- The Company completed its initial launch of PanDNA®, a new product that stratifies patients’ risk of developing pancreatic cancer based on three specific molecular criteria. PanDNA was developed using the Company’s proprietary database of results for over 15,000 patients with pancreatic cysts.
- Entered in to an Agreement with Best Med Opinion Ltd (Best Med) of Tel Aviv, Israel, a provider of second opinion and clinical services for physicians and patients in Israel and several other countries. The Agreement designates Best Med as exclusive provider of Interpace’s products for the country of Israel.
***Get our small cap profiles, special situation and watch alerts in real time. We are now offering our VIP – SMS/text alert service for free, simply text the word “Traders” to the phone number “25827” from your cell phone***
Key risk factors and potential stock drivers:
- Company’s molecular diagnostics business has limited revenue, and the company is likely to incur net losses for the foreseeable future and may never achieve or sustain profitability.
- The company’s liquidity continues to impinge its financial flexibility. Its ability to become a profitable operating company is dependent upon its ability to generate meaningful revenues and/or obtain financing adequate to support its cost structure.
- IDXG does not currently have enough cash on hand to meet its obligations over the next twelve months, and the management cannot provide its stockholders any assurance that they will be able to raise sufficient funding from the generation of revenue, the sale of common stock, or through financing to sustain over the next twelve months.
- Any inability to finance business on acceptable terms in the future may impair IDXG’s ability to develop and commercialize new molecular diagnostic solutions and technologies and grow business.
Revenue for three- and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2016 was $3.1 million and $13.1 million, respectively, an increase of 22% and 39% over the prior year periods. This increase was principally attributable to increased test and collection volume of ThyGenX ® and ThyraMIR ®, and an increase in reimbursements, principally for ThyraMIR ® tests.
- Income (loss) from Continuing Operations for the three- and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2016 was $6.3 million and $(8.4) million, respectively while (Loss) from Continuing Operations for the three- and twelve-month periods of the prior year was $(19.3) million and $(31.1) million, respectively.
- Net Income (Loss) for the three- and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2016 was $6.3 million and $(8.3) million, respectively, and $4.4 million and $(11.4) for the same periods of the prior year.
Cash Flow & Balance Sheet:
- For fiscal year ended December 31, 2016, company had an operating loss of $6.4 million. As of December 31, 2016, it had cash and cash equivalents of $0.6 million and current liabilities of $16.2 million.
- It completed four public offerings and a private placement of warrants from December 22, 2016 through February 8, 2017, which resulted in aggregate gross proceeds to us of approximately $14.1 million.
- The proceeds from public offerings and private placement have improved its overall cash position temporarily. It may need to attempt to raise additional equity. However, the doubts raised, relating to its ability to continue as a going concern, may make investing in its securities a challenging investment for potential investors. These factors, among others, may make it difficult to raise any additional capital.
On Friday, March 31, 2017, IDXG shares declined by -10.85% to $2.6 on an average volume of 1.07 million shares exchanging hands. Market capitalization is $11.4 million. The current RSI is 56.54
In the past 52 weeks, shares of IDXG have traded as low as $0.70 and as high as $19.80.
At $2.6, shares of IDXG are trading below their 50-day moving average (MA) at $3.0 and below their 200-day MA at $3.2.
The present support and resistance levels for the stock are at $2.55 & $2.78 respectively.
About Traders News Source:
There are Big Opportunities in Small Cap’s in 2017
Traders News Source recent profiles and track record, 534% in verifiable potential gains for our members on 3 small cap alerts alone!
January 31st, 2017 (NASDAQ: HIMX) opened at $5.10/share and hit a high of $9.68/share March 24th, 2017 for gains of 89% within 60 days- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/himax-technologies-review-4q-2016-130000319.html
February 6th, 2017- (NASDAQ: SCON) opened at $1.12/share hit a high of $1.80/share within 10 days our member potential gains- 60% – http://finance.yahoo.com/news/superconductor-technologies-potential-revolutionize-smart-130000844.html
March 6th, 2017 (OTC: USRM) opened at .035/share and hit over .17/share within 25 days for gains of 385% for our members- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/traders-news-issues-comprehensive-report-130000743.html
These are numbers that make traders drool. Any trader in any market would fall all over themselves to see numbers like this. So, if you’ve been on the fence, perhaps it’s time to start doing some research and verify our numbers for yourself. We are constantly raising the bar and separate ourselves from the rest of the small-cap newsletters as the best in business.
We know with a large following comes a large responsibility as we have everyone from institutional investors to the beginner following our profiled securities in our newsletters. This is something we take very seriously always seeking small cap growth companies that have both near and long-term potential for our members.
Traders News Source is a wholly owned subsidiary of Traders News Source LLC, herein referred to as TNS LLC.
Traders News Source has not been compensated for this report by anyone and the opinions if any are that of the author Vikas Agrawal, CFA. Author’s Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I, wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in the article.
This web site, published by TNS LLC, and is an investment newsletter that is built on the premise of assisting individual investors in learning about investing. Our goal as publishers of financial information is to provide research and analysis of investments to our subscribers. TNS LLC does not give buy or sell recommendations. We do purchase distribution rights from analyst, financial writers and bloggers for a fee that may be licensed to issue price targets and recommendations. Furthermore, we encourage you to speak to a licensed professional prior to making an investment in any type of publicly traded security.
We do sell advertising to other companies including brokerage firms, web sites, publicly traded issuers, investor relations firms, and investment publications, among others. TNS LLC makes no warranty as to the policies of these organizations, and in no way endorses their offers, services, or the content of their advertisements.
When an advertiser is a publicly traded company or a third party acting on behalf of a public company, we fully disclose all compensation in the email advertisement. Such disclosure is included in a disclosure statement in each of the advertisements sent via email.
Our reports/releases are a commercial advertisement and are for general information purposes ONLY. We are engaged in the business of marketing and advertising companies for monetary compensation. Never invest in any stock featured on our site or emails unless you can afford to lose your entire investment. The disclaimer is to be read and fully understood before using our services, joining our site or our email/blog list as well as any social networking platforms we may use.
PLEASE NOTE WELL: TNS LLC and its employees are not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker Dealer or a member of any association for other research providers in any jurisdiction whatsoever.
Release of Liability: Through use of this website viewing or using you agree to hold TNS LLC, its operator’s owners and employees harmless and to completely release them from any and all liability due to any and all loss (monetary or otherwise), damage (monetary or otherwise), or injury (monetary or otherwise) that you may incur. The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of the available data. TNS LLC encourages readers and investors to supplement the information in these reports with independent research and other professional advice. All information on featured companies is provided by the companies profiled, or is available from public sources and TNS LLC makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the disclosure by the profiled companies. None of the materials or advertisements herein constitute offers or solicitations to purchase or sell securities of the companies profiled herein and any decision to invest in any such company or other financial decisions should not be made based upon the information provide herein. Instead TNS LLC strongly urges you conduct a complete and independent investigation of the respective companies and consideration of all pertinent risks. Readers are advised to review SEC periodic reports: Forms 10-Q, 10K, Form 8-K, insider reports, Forms 3, 4, 5 Schedule 13D.
TNS LLC is compliant with the Can Spam Act of 2003. TNS LLC does not offer such advice or analysis, and TNS LLC further urges you to consult your own independent tax, business, financial and investment advisors. Investing in micro-cap and growth securities is highly speculative and carries an extremely high degree of risk. It is possible that an investor’s investment may be lost or impaired due to the speculative nature of the companies profiled.
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides investors a ‘safe harbor’ in regard to forward-looking statements. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact may be “forward looking statements”. Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates, and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements in this action may be identified through use of words such as “projects”, “foresee”, “expects”, “will”, “anticipates”, “estimates”, “believes”, “understands”, or that by statements indicating certain actions & quote; “may”, “could”, or “might” occur.
Understand there is no guarantee past performance will be indicative of future results. In preparing this publication, TNS LLC has relied upon information supplied by its customers, publicly available information and press releases which it believes to be reliable; however, such reliability cannot be guaranteed. Investors should not rely on the information contained in this website. Rather, investors should use the information contained in this website as a starting point for doing additional independent research on the featured companies. The advertisements in this website are believed to be reliable, however, TNS LLC and its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives and agents disclaim any liability as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in any advertisement and for any omissions of materials facts from such advertisement. TNS LLC is not responsible for any claims made by the companies advertised herein, nor is TNS LLC responsible for any other promotional firm, its program or its structure.