Soleno Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: SLNO) is focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics for the treatment of rare diseases. The company’s lead candidate, DCCR, a once-daily oral tablet for the treatment of PWS, is currently being evaluated in a Phase III clinical development program.
The share price of SLNO experienced a massive (+98%) surge with strong volumes on 15th March 2019 after it announced that the Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) had recommended the continuation of the Company’s Phase III trial in Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) patients, DESTINY PWS, without any changes.
Receive our breakout reports in real time text the word TRADERS to 25827 – Traders News Source recent picks, track record and about us – https://tradersnewssource.com/traders-news-source-new-members/
The Phase III DESTINY PWS trial is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of once daily oral administration of DCCR versus placebo in approximately 100 patients with a confirmed diagnosis of PWS. The primary endpoint changes from baseline hyperphagia score at Week 13. Patients who complete DESTINY PWS have the option to enroll in C602.
The analysts tracking the stock are incredibly bullish about the ongoing developments, comfortable financial profile of the company, improving traction in its market-leading product candidate and anticipation of the upcoming presentations reinforcing the long-term value of the company.
“We are delighted with the DSMB’s positive recommendation to continue the Phase III trial as planned as it further supports DCCR’s safety profile,” said Dr. Anish Bhatnagar, Chief Executive Officer of Soleno. “We are continuing to enroll patients with 14 sites activated in DESTINY PWS. In addition, patients continue to roll over into C602, the 9-month open-label safety extension study for patients completing blinded treatment in the DESTINY PWS study.”
- On December 19th, the company announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with certain institutional and accredited investors to raise aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $16.5 million through the private placement of its equity securities
- Soleno intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to support the ongoing DESTINY Phase III program (“DESTINY PWS”) of Diazoxide Choline Controlled-Release (“DCCR”) in Prader-Willi syndrome (“PWS”), a rare and complex genetic neurobehavioral/metabolic disorder affecting appetite, growth, metabolism, cognitive function, and behavior, as well as general corporate purposes.
- Upcoming presentation:
- These accomplishments and other activities have contributed to the company’ strong business risk profile, and the market is highly excited with the developments. Moreover, the progress of the company justifies a relatively higher intrinsic value beyond what is being currently reflected in the price.
- As per marketbeat.com, their average twelve-month price target is $7.6667, suggesting that the stock has a possible upside of 186.07%. The high price target for SLNO is $14.00, and the low-price target for SLNO is $4.00. There are currently 3 buy ratings for the stock, resulting in a consensus rating of “Buy.”
Other Recent Highlights
- Continued enrolment for Phase
III DESTINY PWS clinical trial of DCCR
- 10 activated U.S. trial sites. Additional sites are being activated and resources being deployed to support timely completion of the trial
- Safety consistent with the known profile of DCCR and no serious unexpected adverse reactions to date
- C602, the 9-month open-label safety extension study, has commenced for patients completing three months of treatment in the DESTINY PWS study
- Protocol amendment to DESTINY
PWS trial submitted to and accepted by the U.S. Food and Drug
- Amended protocol reduces the age of inclusion to four years of age, from eight years of age previously
- Allows inclusion of PWS patients who develop symptoms of hyperphagia, the central characteristic of PWS by age 4, with nearly all patients exhibiting hyperphagia by age 8
- Granted Fast Track designation by the FDA for DCCR for the treatment of PWS
- Presented clinical data on DCCR
at Late Breaking Session of European Society of Paediatric
- Pharmacokinetic data presented clearly demonstrated that DCCR is suitable for once-daily dosing, which is important for patient compliance, particularly in children
- Placebo-controlled data indicated that DCCR’s intraday circulating drug levels have the potential to reduce the likelihood of adverse events that can be associated with drug level fluctuations
- Presented clinical data on DCCR
at 2018 Foundation for Prader-Willi Research Annual Conference
- Data presented indicate that DCCR targets the underlying neural mechanisms of hyperphagia in PWS
- Safety data presented showed that DCCR’s once-daily dosing demonstrates the potential for improved safety and provides justification for the current dosing regimen
- Issued U.S. patent (No. 10/058,557) related to the use of pharmaceutical formulations of diazoxide and diazoxide choline to increase lean body mass and the lean body mass/fat mass ratio in patients with PWS
Third Quarter 2018 Financial Highlights/achievements:
- Research and development expense was $2.1 million for the three months ended September 30, 2018, compared to $1.0 million in the same period of 2017. The increase was primarily due to spending related to the Phase III trial of DCCR in PWS.
- The net loss for the third quarter of 2018 was $2.7 million, or ($0.13) per share, compared to a net loss of $3.8 million, or ($0.39) per share, for the third quarter of 2017
- As of September 30, 2018, Soleno had cash and cash equivalents of approximately $10.2 million, compared to $17.1 million at December 31, 2017.
Key risk factors and potential stock drivers:
- Successful commercialization of company’ key product would lead future direction for the company. Any adversities related to this might adversely impact the overall investor sentiments.
- SLNO is still an early stage entity and will likely operate at a loss as it grows its market position and seeks ways to monetize it.
- The company might need to offer new securities, which would have the potential dilution risk for the existing shareholders.
- SLNO has a history of operating losses. Therefore, any time or cost overrun in its ongoing R&D activities and its impact on business & financial profile will remain a key business sensitivity factor.
- The company’ business risk profile is subject to regulatory risk.
- The pharmaceutical industry is highly competitive and characterized by a number of established, large pharmaceutical companies, as well as specialty pharmaceutical companies that market pain, neurology, psychiatry, primary care, and other products.
- Some of the established competitors may have a competitive advantage over SLNO due to their size and financial resources.
- On Friday, March 15th, 2019, SLNO closed at $2.68 (up by 98.52%), with a substantial volume of 78.7 million shares exchanging hands. Market capitalization is $85.104 million. The current RSI is trending at 77.64
- In the past 52 weeks, shares of SLNO have traded as low as $1.11 and as high as $5.07
- At $2.68, shares of SLNO are trading above its 50-day moving average (MA) at $1.68 and above its 200-day moving average (MA) at $2.06
- The present support and resistance levels for the stock are at $0.85 & $4.33 respectively.
Traders News Source is a wholly owned subsidiary of Traders News Source LLC, herein referred to as TNS LLC.
Traders News Source has not been compensated for this report by anyone and the opinions if any are that of the author Vikas Agrawal, CFA. Author’s Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I, wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in the article.
This web site, published by TNS LLC, and is an investment newsletter that is built on the premise of assisting individual investors in learning about investing. Our goal as publishers of financial information is to provide research and analysis of investments to our subscribers. TNS LLC does not give buy or sell recommendations. We do purchase distribution rights from analyst, financial writers and bloggers for a fee that may be licensed to issue price targets and recommendations. Furthermore, we encourage you to speak to a licensed professional prior to making an investment in any type of publicly traded security.
We do sell advertising to other companies including brokerage firms, web sites, publicly traded issuers, investor relations firms, and investment publications, among others. TNS LLC makes no warranty as to the policies of these organizations, and in no way endorses their offers, services, or the content of their advertisements.
When an advertiser is a publicly traded company or a third party acting on behalf of a public company, we fully disclose all compensation in the email advertisement. Such disclosure is included in a disclosure statement in each of the advertisements sent via email.
Our reports/releases are a commercial advertisement and are for general information purposes ONLY. We are engaged in the business of marketing and advertising companies for monetary compensation. Never invest in any stock featured on our site or emails unless you can afford to lose your entire investment. The disclaimer is to be read and fully understood before using our services, joining our site or our email/blog list as well as any social networking platforms we may use.
PLEASE NOTE WELL: TNS LLC and its employees are not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker Dealer or a member of any association for other research providers in any jurisdiction whatsoever.
Release of Liability: Through use of this website viewing or using you agree to hold TNS LLC, its operator’s owners and employees harmless and to completely release them from any and all liability due to any and all loss (monetary or otherwise), damage (monetary or otherwise), or injury (monetary or otherwise) that you may incur. The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of the available data. TNS LLC encourages readers and investors to supplement the information in these reports with independent research and other professional advice. All information on featured companies is provided by the companies profiled or is available from public sources and TNS LLC makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the disclosure by the profiled companies. None of the materials or advertisements herein constitute offers or solicitations to purchase or sell securities of the companies profiled herein and any decision to invest in any such company or other financial decisions should not be made based upon the information provide herein. Instead TNS LLC strongly urges you conduct a complete and independent investigation of the respective companies and consideration of all pertinent risks. Readers are advised to review SEC periodic reports: Forms 10-Q, 10K, Form 8-K, insider reports, Forms 3, 4, 5 Schedule 13D.
TNS LLC is compliant with the Can Spam Act of 2003. TNS LLC does not offer such advice or analysis, and TNS LLC further urges you to consult your own independent tax, business, financial and investment advisors. Investing in micro-cap and growth securities is highly speculative and carries an extremely high degree of risk. It is possible that an investor’s investment may be lost or impaired due to the speculative nature of the companies profiled.
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides investors a ‘safe harbor’ in regard to forward-looking statements. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact may be “forward looking statements”. Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates, and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements in this action may be identified through use of words such as “projects”, “foresee”, “expects”, “will”, “anticipates”, “estimates”, “believes”, “understands”, or that by statements indicating certain actions & quote; “may”, “could”, or “might” occur.
Understand there is no guarantee past performance will be indicative of future results. In preparing this publication, TNS LLC has relied upon information supplied by its customers, publicly available information and press releases which it believes to be reliable; however, such reliability cannot be guaranteed. Investors should not rely on the information contained in this website. Rather, investors should use the information contained in this website as a starting point for doing additional independent research on the featured companies. The advertisements in this website are believed to be reliable, however, TNS LLC and its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives and agents disclaim any liability as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in any advertisement and for any omissions of materials facts from such advertisement. TNS LLC is not responsible for any claims made by the companies advertised herein, nor is TNS LLC responsible for any other promotional firm, its program or its structure.