Chicago Bridge & Iron N.V. (NYSE: CBI) is a provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, the Company provides services, such as conceptual design, technology, engineering, procurement, fabrication, modularization, construction, commissioning, maintenance, program management and environmental services.
President Donald Trump called on the U.S. Congress on Tuesday, Jan 30th to pass legislation to stimulate at least $1.5 trillion in new infrastructure spending. Even If Congress pass a fraction of the amount that Donald Trump is requesting, it could still be a windfall for Chicago Bridge & Iron. Trump claims this program will be the biggest reinvestment back into America since Eisenhower’s interstate highway program, and if he can convince Congress into approving his plan, it could send sales, profits, and share prices surging at Chicago Bridge & Iron and other infrastructure related Stocks.
As a federal and commercial contractor, CB&I’s procurement practices comply with the Federal Acquisition Regulations Uniform Commercial Code, state and local government regulations and established CB&I policies and procedures. CB&I has received continued Contractor Purchasing System Review approval since 1994, demonstrating their commitment to compliance with government procurement requirements.
About the company
Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. provides services to customers in energy infrastructure market. From liquefied natural gas, gas processing, refining, petrochemicals, offshore, oil sands, power, storage, fabrication and technology.
CB&I helps upstream and downstream energy companies to complete projects by performing engineering, procurement, and construction services. The company’s fabrication business makes its money by building steel-plate structures, such as piping systems. Its various projects include liquefied natural gas terminals, electric power-plant projects, and drinking and wastewater pipelines.
CB&I is a leading licensor of proprietary petrochemicals, refining, gasification and gas processing technologies, and a supplier of proprietary catalysts and related engineering. These technologies are critical in the gasification of coal into syngas, the refining of crude oil into gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and lubricants, and the processing of natural gas into various chemicals and polymers.
CB&I offer comprehensive engineering services from conceptual design through startup and operation. CB&I approach each project with seamless processes that link engineering, procurement, fabrication, material management and construction.
Procurement / Supply Chain Management
CB&I span the entire supply chain, from sourcing, purchasing and transportation logistics to inventory control, inspection and quality assurance. In addition to their procurement offices, they maintain fabrication facilities for manufacturing needed components and lay-down yards for storing steel and equipment.
CB&I is a leading provider of piping solutions and the world’s largest supplier of storage tanks and vessels for the oil and gas, water and wastewater, and power generation industries. Their fabrication capabilities encompass piping and module prefabrication and assembly, and they also design and build modular gas processing, gas recovery, and hydrogen and synthesis gas production units.
CB&I provide value-added construction services for their customers. Their projects can be found on all seven continents and include many construction industry “firsts”—the first floating roof tank for storing oil, the first double-wall LNG storage tank and the first LNG peak shaving plant, among others.
Modular construction offers a number of advantages over conventional “stick-built” construction. The bulk of the fabrication and assembly are performed at CB&I facilities, which allows them to ensure all work is performed according to our high standards, under controlled working conditions.
Startup, Commissioning & Operations
Startup of today’s complex process units and power plants is demanding and requires careful planning and preparation of both the plant equipment and the operating organization. Each activity must be meticulously planned and then executed in the right sequence to avoid expensive delays during commissioning and initial operation.
Major commissioning site activities include:
- Interfacing with the construction team and acceptance of completed systems
- Pre-commissioning activities
- Training and qualification of customer O&M personnel
- Preparation of detailed operating/technical manuals
- Commissioning activities
- Conducting or assisting the customer with startup activities
- Demonstration of all personnel safety devices
- Participating in ramp-up, optimization and performance testing
- Operating services during the warranty period
Oil, Gas & Chemicals
- Upstream—Offshore oil and gas production systems, pipelines, gas processing
- Downstream—Refining, petrochemicals, hydrogen and syngas production, sulfur processing, gasification
- LNG—Gas liquefaction plants, regasification terminals, peak shaving facilities
- Gas-fired combined-cycle and simple-cycle generating plants
- Clean coal generating plants
- Air quality control services
- New technologies for CO2 capture
- Bulk storage terminals, atmospheric and refrigerated storage tanks and vessels, water storage tanks
Analysts Rating and Target price
Analysts mean recommendation for the stock is $19.07 and Chicago Bridge & Iron presently has a consensus rating of “Hold” (where 3 assigned a Buy, 11 assigned a hold and 4 is Sell).
- Jefferies Group set a $15.00 price objective on shares and a “hold” rating in a research report on October 31st.
- Robert W. Baird set a $17.00 price target on shares and a “hold” rating in a research report on January 3rd.
- MKM Partners lowered shares from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating in a research report on January 3rd.
- Deutsche Bank cut shares from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating on December 20th.
- DA Davidson lowered shares from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating on December 19th.
Latest Quarter Financial position:
CB&I announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2017 on Feb. 20, 2018.
New awards for 2017 were $5.8 billion, a 17.0 percent increase over 2016. For the fourth quarter of 2017, new awards were $1.3 billion, an increase of 37.8 percent compared to the fourth quarter of 2016. Backlog was $11.4 billion at the end of 2017 compared to $13.0 billion at December 31, 2016.
For the fourth quarter, revenue was $1.7 billion, compared to revenue of $2.0 billion for the same period of 2016. For the year, revenue was $6.7 billion, compared to revenue of $8.6 billion in 2016.
Stock Influences and Risk Factors:
“CB&I has an attractive prospect list for 2018, and we expect to see good order flow over the course of the year,” said Mr. Mullen.
- LNG – CB&I and its joint venture partners continue to be well positioned in the U.S. Gulf Coast and East African regions to capitalize on the strengthening LNG market. The company is confident that final investment decisions (FIDs) for projects will be made in 2018 because of continued robust growth in global gas demand, more serious offtake discussions between its clients and potential LNG buyers, and the company’s continued active support of developing these projects with its clients.
- Petrochemicals – The company anticipates the strong rebound in the global petrochemicals market experienced in 2017 will continue in 2018 for the Technology group due to growth in ethylene, propylene, and various derivatives, especially in China, Southeast Asia, India and the Middle East. The company also expects new EPC projects will be developed in the U.S., Middle East, Russia and Central Europe regions in 2018, including key ammonia and methanol projects in the U.S. that CB&I is developing through front-end engineering work.
- Refining – The Technology group continues to be well positioned for heavy oil upgrading and octane enhancement opportunities, with the Chevron Lummus Global joint venture coming off a particularly strong 2017, driven by the outstanding technology portfolio CB&I has in upgrading heavy oils to clean fuels. For the other operating groups, CB&I is developing capacity expansion projects in the Middle East, Caspian region and Russia. Specifically, CB&I’s ethylene cracker technology, CLG’s hydroprocessing technologies and Saudi Aramco’s proprietary Thermal to Crude Chemicals (TC2C™) technology will provide the platform for this joint development.
- Gas Fired Power Plants – CB&I’s portfolio of projects with Entergy and Duke continue to be executed very well, and the company continues to focus on other opportunities where strong development work and client collaboration enable bidding and execution on such projects. This year will also be a critical year for demonstrating the commercial viability of the NET Power technology, which the company expects to be a game changer in the power market.
CBI’s 52 Week Range is 9.55 – 34.30
Welcome to Traders News Source,
Our track record speaks for itself…
Small Cap Stocks could and should be the next to RUN in 2018 !
***Get our small cap profiles, special situation and watch alerts in real time. We are now offering our VIP – SMS/text alert service for free, simply text the word “Traders” to the phone number “25827” from your cell phone***
Traders News Source recent profiles and track record, 487% in verifiable potential gains for our members on 3 well timed small cap alerts alone! These are just three examples from over two dozen recent winners.
January 31st, 2017 (NASDAQ: HIMX) opened at $5.10/share and hit a high of $9.68/share March 24th, 2017 for gains of 89% within 60 days- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/himax-technologies-review-4q-2016-130000319.html
May 23rd, 2016- (NYSE: XXII) opened at $.87/share hit a high of $3.03/share so far our member potential gains- 248% – http://mailchi.mp/tradersnewssource/updates-5-of-our-profiles-for-212-400-and-whats-coming-next?e=[UNIQID]
October 31st, 2017 (NASDAQ: PYDS) Although we have been covering this security for over a year, our recent coverage October 31st, 2017 opened at $1.45/share hit $4.10 within three days for gains of over 150%- http://mailchi.mp/tradersnewssource/update-pyds-back-in-the-value-zone-with-news-out?e=[UNIQID]
Start doing your due diligence and watch the stocks in our actionable reports for yourself. We are constantly raising the bar and separate ourselves from the rest of the small-cap newsletters as the best in business.
***Our next newsletter is due out March 6th, 2018 at 9:45 AM, covering a low float NASDAQ company in a high growth industry that is very active in M&A.
Traders News Source is a wholly owned subsidiary of Traders News Source LLC, herein referred to as TNS LLC.
Traders News Source has not been compensated for this report by anyone and the opinions if any are that of the author Brindha Dhanabalan, CFA. Author’s Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I, wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in the article.
This web site, published by TNS LLC, and is an investment newsletter that is built on the premise of assisting individual investors in learning about investing. Our goal as publishers of financial information is to provide research and analysis of investments to our subscribers. TNS LLC does not give buy or sell recommendations. We do purchase distribution rights from analyst, financial writers and bloggers for a fee that may be licensed to issue price targets and recommendations. Furthermore, we encourage you to speak to a licensed professional prior to making an investment in any type of publicly traded security.
We do sell advertising to other companies including brokerage firms, web sites, publicly traded issuers, investor relations firms, and investment publications, among others. TNS LLC makes no warranty as to the policies of these organizations, and in no way endorses their offers, services, or the content of their advertisements.
When an advertiser is a publicly traded company or a third party acting on behalf of a public company, we fully disclose all compensation in the email advertisement. Such disclosure is included in a disclosure statement in each of the advertisements sent via email.
Our reports/releases are a commercial advertisement and are for general information purposes ONLY. We are engaged in the business of marketing and advertising companies for monetary compensation. Never invest in any stock featured on our site or emails unless you can afford to lose your entire investment. The disclaimer is to be read and fully understood before using our services, joining our site or our email/blog list as well as any social networking platforms we may use.
PLEASE NOTE WELL: TNS LLC and its employees are not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker Dealer or a member of any association for other research providers in any jurisdiction whatsoever.
Release of Liability: Through use of this website viewing or using you agree to hold TNS LLC, its operator’s owners and employees harmless and to completely release them from any and all liability due to any and all loss (monetary or otherwise), damage (monetary or otherwise), or injury (monetary or otherwise) that you may incur. The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable but is not guaranteed by us as being accurate and does not purport to be a complete statement or summary of the available data. TNS LLC encourages readers and investors to supplement the information in these reports with independent research and other professional advice. All information on featured companies is provided by the companies profiled, or is available from public sources and TNS LLC makes no representations, warranties or guarantees as to the accuracy or completeness of the disclosure by the profiled companies. None of the materials or advertisements herein constitute offers or solicitations to purchase or sell securities of the companies profiled herein and any decision to invest in any such company or other financial decisions should not be made based upon the information provide herein. Instead TNS LLC strongly urges you conduct a complete and independent investigation of the respective companies and consideration of all pertinent risks. Readers are advised to review SEC periodic reports: Forms 10-Q, 10K, Form 8-K, insider reports, Forms 3, 4, 5 Schedule 13D.
TNS LLC is compliant with the Can Spam Act of 2003. TNS LLC does not offer such advice or analysis, and TNS LLC further urges you to consult your own independent tax, business, financial and investment advisors. Investing in micro-cap and growth securities is highly speculative and carries an extremely high degree of risk. It is possible that an investor’s investment may be lost or impaired due to the speculative nature of the companies profiled.
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides investors a ‘safe harbor’ in regard to forward-looking statements. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, goals, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact may be “forward looking statements”. Forward looking statements are based on expectations, estimates, and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements in this action may be identified through use of words such as “projects”, “foresee”, “expects”, “will”, “anticipates”, “estimates”, “believes”, “understands”, or that by statements indicating certain actions & quote; “may”, “could”, or “might” occur.
Understand there is no guarantee past performance will be indicative of future results. In preparing this publication, TNS LLC has relied upon information supplied by its customers, publicly available information and press releases which it believes to be reliable; however, such reliability cannot be guaranteed. Investors should not rely on the information contained in this website. Rather, investors should use the information contained in this website as a starting point for doing additional independent research on the featured companies. The advertisements in this website are believed to be reliable, however, TNS LLC and its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives and agents disclaim any liability as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained in any advertisement and for any omissions of materials facts from such advertisement. TNS LLC is not responsible for any claims made by the companies advertised herein, nor is TNS LLC responsible for any other promotional firm, its program or its structure.